Here’s a quick journaling exercise to help you define and shine your value proposition:
1. Describe a recent accomplishment that you are proud of.
2. What did you do? (actions)
3. How did you do it? (qualities)
Looking at your answers, then compose a one-sentence headline that defines your leadership.
1. I coached a woman leader to knowing her value
2. Listened, asked questions, shared insights
3. Empathy, enthusiasm, creativity
“I am an empathic and creative coach helping women know their value”
Once you find it, try it on for size! Practice saying it to friends, colleagues, and higher ups. Make communicating your value a new, good habit.